OLD BAY Encourages Baltimore to “BAYLIEVE”
Download the poster here
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OLD BAY Encourages Baltimore to “BAYLIEVE”
Baltimore’s iconic seasoning issues rally call in support of our team’s big game appearance – includes exclusive t-shirts, bumper stickers, signs and a game day recipe inspiration designed to bring the team good luck
SPARKS, Md. (January 29, 2013) – OLD BAY is proud to call Baltimore home and even prouder of our home team. To display hometown pride and spirit, OLD BAY is encouraging Baltimoreans and fans far and wide to “BAYLIEVE.” The rally call from OLD BAY includes exclusive BAYLIEVE t-shirts, signs and bumper stickers; BAYLIEVE messages around town; and a recipe for BAYLIEVE OLD BAY Chicken Wings designed to bring the team good luck on Sunday. The McCormick World of Flavors retail destination at Harborplace is serving as the official BAYLIEVE headquarters. Folks can get in on the BAYLIEVE movement in the following ways:
- Visit McCormick World of Flavors Retail Destination at Harborplace. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the McCormick World of Flavors will host daylong BAYLIEVE rallies. At the rallies, fans can pick-up free BAYLIEVE posters and signs, and snag the exclusive BAYLIEVE t-shirt for $7.50. The store is also celebrating with game day menu samples and recipes including OLD BAY BAYLIEVE Chicken Wings (see below for more information on the special recipe). McCormick World of Flavors is located at 301 Light Street in Baltimore and is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. For more information on McCormick World of Flavors, visit www.facebook.com/McCormickWorldofFlavors.
- Proudly Display Your BAYLIEVE: OLD BAY is blanketing the town with BAYLIEVE messages in the form of billboards, print ads and radio spots. We need folks to join us and display BAYLIEVE signs in homes and place BAYLIEVE bumper stickers on cars. If you can’t attend the BAYLIEVE rallies at McCormick World of Flavors, the official BAYLIEVE sign can be downloaded via the OLD BAY Facebook page (www.facebook.com/oldbay).
- BAYLIEVE on Facebook: Show your purple pride and support on Facebook by changing your cover photo to the official BAYLIEVE graphic. The exclusive Facebook photo is available for download via the OLD BAY Facebook page (www.facebook.com/oldbay).
- Serve “BAYLIEVE” OLD BAY Chicken Wings at Your Game Day Party: Everyone knows rabbit feet are lucky, but we believe OLD BAY chicken wings will send good vibes to our men in purple and black. In honor of our home team making it to the big dance, OLD BAY is sharing its recipe for BAYLIEVE OLD BAY Wings. The recipe can be found here: http://www.oldbay.com/Recipes/More/Appetizers/Crispy-OLD-BAY-Wings.aspx.
“Baltimore, it’s time to BAYLIEVE! At OLD BAY we’ve always had faith in our team, and we couldn’t be prouder,” said Jill Pratt, vice president of marketing for OLD BAY. “OLD BAY symbolizes camaraderie and good times, and the passion and spirit of Baltimore is on full display for the world to see. OLD BAY wanted to do something to unite our city, and we hope everyone will join us and BAYLIEVE.”
Note to Editors:
- Images of the OLD BAY BAYLIEVE graphics and t-shirts are available upon request. OLD BAY representatives are also available for interview. Please contact Kathleen Shaffer at 410-902-5053 or email@example.com.
About OLD BAY
For more than 70 years, this distinctive blend of 18 herbs and spices has been a time-honored taste. Just as the recipe hasn’t changed, neither has the iconic yellow and blue can. Once only enjoyed by a lucky few along the Chesapeake Bay, OLD BAY® Seasoning has gained fans all across the country. Best known as THE seasoning for shrimp, salmon, crab and other seafood dishes, these days, OLD BAY is used to flavor hamburgers, chicken, pizza, pasta, vegetable dishes and more. OLD BAY Seasoning is also available with 30% less sodium and has been the inspiration for 14 additional offerings. For information, recipes and the OLD BAY online store, visit www.oldbay.com and www.facebook.com/oldbay.
OLD BAY is one of McCormick & Company's (MKC) portfolio brands. As the leading global supplier of innovative flavor solutions, McCormick has built a portfolio of leading flavor brands that enhance people’s enjoyment of food all around the world. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick brings passion to flavor.™
# # #